Saturday, February 9, 2013

BEHIND EVERY GREAT WOMAN...

Is a great man :)

First and foremost, I have to give the hubs some props. Upon getting home from work yesterday, there was music, wine and food from one of my favorite Italian restaurants awaiting me. And for no reason! Big points, for sure!





Mmmm... bread and dipping oil.... mmmm




The meal portions are very generous! The hubs ordered two meals and split them in half so we each could have some of both. Yes, that pic above is HALF the lasagna meal... impressive, I know! It is all "from-scratch" and de.lic.ious. The pic below is the end of our meal... it is rare that Daniel and I can't finish a meal. Ha! Ask anyone that knows us well ;)




And no romantic meal would be complete without...dessert! We went to our local ice cream joint and went to town on some ice cream. Although I am paying for it today (feel like you could roll me down the street, ha) it was soooo worth it. Remember, 80/20 ;)

Sticking with the Italian theme, I made this yummy spaghetti the other day. Whole wheat noodles, lean beef and organic sauce (with a few secret additions). 





Another random eat: Organic honey oats, almond milk, blueberries and strawberries. 





Now on to fashion: the other night we went to a service recognition banquet for my work and it was really fun! Anyone who is at their 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years... and so on, anniversary of employment at my hospital got to go to the banquet. Fabulous drinks, great dinner and multiple mini desserts. Can't beat that! I decided to rock a black one shoulder peplum dress from Forever 21 and some Stella & Dot arm candy.









Unfortunately, this bracelet has been retired! Sorry!




So sad that I am not in St. Louis this weekend for Mardi Gras celebrations.. boo. Mardi Gras is a big deal there and we have had some good times in the past. All day celebrating and good food. Can't beat it. So to make it feel a little Mardi Gras-ish here, I am making us jambalaya with turkey sausage. MmmMmm








Our basketball team plays tonight so the hubs is pumped to watch the game. Not sure where we are going to watch it at yet, haven't decided! My look: Lauren Conrad jeans, F21 top, Gap sweater and Target boots. Love!



Stella & Dot $89
Luna Wrap Bracelet


 Don't forget that tomorrow is the first day of the Prabal Gurung collection for Target! I am definitely going to check it out! 


Have a great Saturday night!



xoxo MaryBeth





+Forever 21 
+Organic Farmers & Growers 
+Apple iPhone and iPad Apps, News and Updates 
+Mardigraspartysupply.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips