Wednesday, November 7, 2012

HUMPDAY HAPPENINGS

Hey Ladies! Hope everyone is having a happy "hump" day! I'm excited to be off work tomorrow and to get some things done around the house and errands ran. Not really an "off" day I suppose, but oh well! So, I made a few purchases recently that I am totes (totally) excited about. First up, some fab new nail polish to match those mauve/burgundy lips of mine. I love this brand because it is inexpensive, always looks fab and dries very quickly. Love!

Target $2.99
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear
"Flirt" (#210)

Another purchase, also from Target, is this concealer/highlighter by E.L.F. This bad boy was only $3!!! I mainly purchased it for the highlightner portion, but I guess I'll give the concealer a whirl too. I almost purchased another highlighter that was $12, but figured I would give this a shot first. Why not!?!


Target $3
E.L.F.
Under Eye Concealer & Highlightner

This was also a great find at noneother than, you guessed it, Target! GHAA That place gets me every.time. This is a fabulously chic clutch that also has a slot for your Iphone! I saw something very similar to this (functionaly-wise, not style-wise) by Michael Kors that I "pinned" on my Pinterest page a while back. So when I saw this beauty, I knew I had to have it. I already pitched the tag from this and I can't remember the brand name. I do know that it is a limited edition, so get to Target ASAP! It also came in two different colors. Mine is champagne and it also comes in gold and silver.


Target $12
Wallet with Iphone Slot
Limited Edition



I also caved and purchased more of those flannel shirts I raved about before. The ones that I already own are super cute but more on the fitted side and I wanted to have some that are more relaxed and, "comfy". I invision wearing these with black leggings and boots. Ahh comfort! Here are the colors I chose:

Target $17.99
Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Flannel Top
Red/Blue



Green/Turquoise


Pink/Gold


Ok, so enough about Target. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my recent purchases from Forever21. This store, too, gets me every.time. I definitely go in spurts with my shopping, and the past few days I came across SO many things that I truly loved that I went for it. After all my goodies arrive I think I am going to focus on buying gifts for OTHERS, aka Christmas time!!! Ok, so here's the deets on my F21 gems:


Forever21 $27.80
Starlet Sequin Dress

I. die.   I have been trying to get my hands on this dress for almost a year now. I origionally saw it online, and like so many times before, I added it to my shopping cart thinking maybe I wouuld buy it. But then when I finally decided to go for it, it was unavailable. So, my next plan of action was to go to my local Forever21 (which is now located in what used to be a Dillards.. ya, it's huge!) and try to hunt it down. If you have ever shopped at Forever21 then you know how daunting this task can be. Low and behold, I found two of them. One in mint condition, but a size too small. And the other, MY SIZE, with a nice tear in it. Ugh! So after much debate I decided not to buy the torn one and to just get over it. Until the other day when I got a lovely email from Forever21 featuring some of the "new" items they had (F21 does this frequently: something will go out of stock and disappear for a while, and then be reintroduced as a "new" item). Probably only a few Forever21 stalkers, such as myself, even realized that this was not technically a "new" item. And, I am not mad that they do this, I'm just proving how much I love this store. Ok, next item:


Forever21 $22.80
Cutout Colorblocked Scuba Dress

This one caught my eye immediately. Part of it, I'm sure, has to do with my recent obsession with all things Fall and the colors mauve/burgundy. The other part is that I love the cutout on top, the black figure-flattering trim and the fact that I don't currently own anything very similar to this. And lastly:


Forever21 $32.80
Sequin & Faux Leather Jacket

This jacket hit me like a ton of bricks. The second I saw it I immediately added it to my bag and did not second guess when I bought it. And it looks like my intuition was right because I cannot even give you a link to it because it is already sold out on the website. I figure that the worst thing that happens is it is too obnoxious for me and I get some store credit (but I think it will be fab).

And lastly, I am desperately in need of lounge pants that aren't worn to the ground. Since I tend to wear these types of clothes to work in the mornings (since I change into scrubs at work) I figured it was time to get some new ones. I decided on some velour pants from Victoria's Secret. I know these aren't the cheapest, which is why I'm only ordering two, but I really like them. Luckily, right now any purchase you make gets you a rewards card that has anywhere from $10-$500 on it. I swear one of these days I'm going to get a $500 card! ha! Does anyone even know someone that that has happened to?!? I don't know if they even really exist. Mine are always worth only $10... but heck, I'll take it! Here's my two choices:


Victoria's Secret $39
Rhinestone Velour Pant
"Double Chocolate"

"Graphite"

So, moving on from fashion, here is my yummy meal I ate for dinner tonight! I used the leftover quinoa (keen-wa), three eggs (one whole, two whites), almond slivers and salsa on top of a bed of romain. Mmmmm....  For the eggs, I mixed in a dash of milk and a sprinkle of cheese, and zapped it in the microwave for a little over a minute, stopping to cool for a second halfway through (otherwise they explode!). Super easy, super healthy and super yummy! Here is a pic of my meal and a pic of what the eggs look like once cooked.








Have a great week!!


xoxo MaryBeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips