Wednesday, March 5, 2014

OSCARS & FAT TUESDAY

I debated on doing an Oscars only post because I'm sure that if you are the least bit interested in fashion then you probably have already seen the gowns in all their glory. So, I am just going to highlight three of my favorite looks from the night! And I'm pretty sure it will come as no surprise who my number one favorite was: 

Lupita Nyong'O!! I mean, c'mon. This woman has been flawless all awards season long and this gorgeous dress was perfect. This shade of blue is one of my personal favorites, so that helped me make my pick as well! ha




source


Kate Hudson's dress is equally exquisite! Beautiful!


source


And lastly, Pink's performance gown was so glamorous and it was really nice to see her fully committed to a look like that. She usually throws in some kind of punk to her outfits but this night she was full on glam! Love!


source


Ok, moving on! Did everyone have a nice Fat Tuesday?! I celebrated with some of my girls and I brought King Cake inspired cupcakes with the plastic baby and all!




I got the babies at Michael's and just stuck one of them through the top of an un-iced cupcake once they had cooled a bit. 




And to ensure that one of the six of us would end up with the baby cupcake, I made the "baby possible" cupcakes purple and the left overs teal. So fun!




And by no foul play or tampering, I won!! And just to be clear, I wasn't even sure at that point which one was the baby cupcake AND I picked last. So there! No cheating!

The baby ended up in some olive oil dip... yeah I dunno. Ha! It is safe and sound at mi casa now though.




Some recent looks:

Some of the Stella & Dot ladies and I got together the other night at this super cute wine bar called Commonwealth Tap. Loved it! Great prices, generous wine pours and delicious cheeses. My look for the night:

Stella & Dot Somervell Necklace. This gorgeous statement necklace actually comes in three different versions. This one, peach stones and black stones. Love love love!




Stella & Dot Amelie Sparkle Bangle and the Christina Link Bracelet. The Amelie comes in the peach and gold version below, white diamond and gold or black diamond and silver. So beautiful! And for the Christina... this bracelet is probably on my body second to my wedding rings. Absolutely in love with it, and thankfully it now comes in silver too as well as a necklace version. Happy girl right here :)




Merlot faux leather pants (R&R by Kohl's), flowy black tee with embellished cap sleeves (F21), faux leather jacket (F21) and matching merlot heels (LC by Lauren Conrad).




And for Fat Tuesday girls' dinner I knew I needed some wiggle room. Denim button down (Target), extremely stretchy and forgiving skinny jeans (LC by Lauren Conrad), faux fur hooded vest (F21) and lace up heeled boots (Target). 




Stella & Dot Jolie Necklace: this particular necklace is SO perfect for this time of year! Everyone is yearning for Spring and this little number packs a punch of "Happy" when you see it! Not to mention, it also goes with the color scheme of not only Mardi Gras but also St. Patrick's Day! Double whammy! BUT, although there is still some stock left of this lovely beauty, it is officially retired meaning that I have no idea how many of them are left and once they are gone, they are GONE. Message me if you would like one of your own and I will see what I can do (it's at a discounted price, too!).




Stella & Dot Amelie Sparkle Bangle (see above) and the rose gold Sparkly Bardot Bangle






xoxo MaryBeth




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips