Tuesday, February 4, 2014

FOOD NOT FASHION

For Super Bowl Sunday I wanted to give this recipe a try and it was delicious: Cheez-it Chicken Tenders! I looked up many recipes on Pinterest and decided to make the easiest version I could find.




Perdue sells these awesome breast tenderloins so you don't have to cut up a breast into strips. SO easy! I used two packages of the tenderloins, two whole eggs, two cups crushed Cheez-its and one cup of cheddar cheese. I don't think I crushed the Cheez-its enough and ended up adding a handful more at the end.




Mix Cheez-its and cheddar cheese together in bowl or large ziplock bag. Dunk tenders in egg and then roll in bowl or shake in bag. Place on cookie sheet and cook at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes! Viola! 

Next time I am going to try a Cheez-it flavor other than traditional just to spice things up. Cheez-its may not be the healthiest thing in the world but this is definitely a healthier take on an otherwise very unhealthy meal!




xoxo MaryBeth



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips