Friday, April 19, 2013

FLOWERS, FASHION & FRIDAY

First and foremost, I still cannot believe what happened at the Boston Marathon- so senseless and inhumane. It is scary that people capable of such things exist in our world. The things I blog about seem so trivial when an event like that is fresh on every one's mind, but nonetheless, I will blog away true to form.



Happy Friday!  I was going through my pics so I could fill everyone in on what I have been up to this week (haven't blogged since last Friday...eek! Bad blogger, bad..) and have noticed a trend....








Apparently, I really like overnight oats!! And the best overnight oats of all are the ones that take up the last of the nut butter jar... Mmmmmmm! 

The hubs and I went to one of my bestie's house for a cookout last weekend, and I rocked some denim and some stella. Love!




Denim top from Target, faux leather pants by Rock & Republic for Kohl's, blue heels by Candie's for Kohl's, Bahari Necklace by Stella & Dot, Emerson Bangle by Stella & Dot and the Christina Link Bracelet by Stella & Dot. Love!




Fox Ring sold out


With the fabulous weather this week (aside from today, boo), I was able to get a couple runs in at the park and also threw in a couple classes at the gym. Top knot is a standard hairstyle of mine. Yes, it is true, I don't run around every day in heels and my hair and makeup perfectly done. :)




And another top knot...




This AM was a spin class. Gosh, I love spin!! (being totally serious...seriously). Definitely too cold today, for me at least, to work out outside. This Gap hooded zip-up is one of my absolute favorite jackets. My sister and I got them at a Gap outlet and I am so mad at myself for not getting it in both colors. Such is life! 




This past weekend we got a lot of landscaping done. Such a tough job, but also very rewarding. And the nice thing is that every year it gets easier and easier because we have been adding things little by little. We transplanted our Asiatic Lilies to a more optimal area of our backyard and digging them up was like Christmas. There were SO MANY bulbs, big and small, under the ground. These suckers spread a lot! I'm pretty sure I was quoted saying, "OMG nature is sooo cool". Nerd alert!! But it is SO cool! Now we have a ton of these lilies, and at the price of $0.  Love!




Also purchased a few new ones to add to our collection. We bought these ones before I realized how many bulbs had been produced. But, we probably would have still gotten them anyways because we wanted some that were fully mature for an instant effect.




Some new Annuals for out hanging baskets. Pretty!




Gorg!




Needed some plants for the inside too! Notice my hummingbird feeder in the background? This is my first time having one, so hopefully they find it!




All the outdoorsness wore Charlie out. When I took this pic Winston was probably still running circles in the backyard. Ha!! Charlie is a little more... dainty.




Yesterday we added a few more to our flower bed (pics to come) and it is crazy to think that I was in shorts and a tank, even got a sunburn (oops!) and that today it is FREEZING! We actually covered all our new plants with plastic just in case. I would literally cry if they died and all our hard work would go to waste. 

After all that, we took two of our nephews to a movie. It was fun, and an excuse to go see a children's movie!




Femme Fatale Necklace by Stella & Dot. Love love love!!!




Comfy look for the movies. Rider boots by Payless, thick stretchy leggings by Apt 9 at Kohl's, flowy tank from TJ Maxx and my awesome Micheal Kors sweater steal from TJ Maxx. Love! Also, wet hair in a side braid. Ha! Rockin' it!

Too cute with their 3D glasses on!




And lastly, after my spin class I went for an overdue massage. The hubs got me a gift card for a massage at the salon I get my hair cut at and I finally used it! It has been, literally, almost a year ago when he gave it to me. Victoria's Secret velour sweats are the best. And again, the top knot! Oh man, I gotta get a new look. :)




After running a million and one errands today, I made my way to Target to check out the new collection by Kate Young that I mentioned before. Verdict: Cute! I didn't have time to try anything on, but I did check it all out, and so should you!



Just heard Suspect 2 has been captured and taken to a nearby hospital. Thank goodness. I am going to sit on my couch with the hubs and our dog children and count my blessings. 


xoxo MaryBeth




+Kohl's 
+Victorias Secret Angels 
+The Home Depot 
+GAP MAYFAIR 
+Target Coupons 
+Tj Max 
+Earth Fare 
+Organic Farmers & Growers 



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips