Saturday, January 5, 2013

SPLURGE VS. STEAL

Hey Hey! Tested out the new running kicks today. Verdict: muy bueno! Felt so good on my feet and reaffirmed that, yes indeed, I need to replace my running shoes more frequently. After the morning workout, this happened:


Mmm...


So, last night the hubs and I went to a bar just around the corner from our house and had a few drinks and watched some football. The bar was PACKED, so I wish I had been in the mood to stay out longer, but around 11:30 we called it quits. I was so tired and all I wanted was to put on my PJ's and crawl into bed. Plus, I always feel guilty when we are out because I know that, "the boys" are locked up in their crate just waiting for us to get home. After losing our trust (several times) Charlie and Winston are officially crated whenever we leave the house. Luckily, they like their crate. I think it gives them a sense of safety, and it is a good routine that they have picked up on: when we go in the crate, mom and dad are leaving for a bit. Speaking of picking up on routines, Winston is very in tune to myself and my habits apparently. The hubs and I realized/noticed that when I get up in the mornings for work, or anything for that matter, Winston will lay on our bed waiting for me. The SECOND I spray my Victoria's Secret body splash, Winston jumps off the bed and stands at the top of the stairs. He knows that that is the last thing I do before I go downstairs. It is so crazy that he has realized this and it is also crazy that I am that predictable. We truly are creatures of habit I guess!

In honor of the Victoria's Secret Semi Annual Sale, and the fact that I mentioned PJ's and their body sprays, here are three of my favorite things from there, one splurge, two reasonable.


SPLURGE:


Victoria's Secret $69 Sale $59
Satin After Hours Pajama


These are super comfy pajamas and I really do love them. Although, I do not love the price tag. Rarely are they on sale either! I have a few pairs that were all gifts. I pretty much told the hubby that he has the green light to get me a pair of these in a new pattern once a year for whatever occasion he chooses. I really am not a crazy control freak, but I just want him to know that I like them, won't buy them for myself, and if he is in a bind for a gift idea I would be very happy for a new pair. Similarly, every year at Christmas, no matter what gift I get him, I always include some American Eagle boxers. They are his fav and he is always in need of new ones. And, if you don't have someone who is willing to drop the cash for these puppies, don't worry, I have found a substitute (duh!). 


Apt 9 for Kohl's $46 Sale $18
Satin Notch Collar Pajama Set


These also just happen to be on sale right now! Can't beat $18!! I haven't tried these out yet, but I'm sure they are just as fab! As I write this sentence I am wondering to myself why I haven't just converted to these ones....hmm.. And they, too, come in multiple colors/patterns.


REASONABLE:


Victoria's Secret 3/$25 or 5/$30
Fragrance Mist-any scent


Victoria's Secret $25
Heavenly Angel Mist


I love ALL the fragrance mist scents and they are always running deals on these! I like to spray the fragrance mist first, and then top it with the Heavenly Angel Mist. Always smells fabulous!!! 

And lastly, here is my look from last night. I'm still on a bold lips kick! I just love it! Flowy black tank, faux leather jacket, animal print scarf, faux leather pants in maroon, and over-the-knee stilettos. Love! (Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Charlotte Russe)






Cute!



No plans as of yet for tonight. This girl has to work tomorrow, boo. 


Have a great Saturday!



xoxo MaryBeth



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips