Saturday, January 26, 2013

EARTH FARE SWAG

Hey Hey! Dinner last night with some of the girls from work was great! We had a blast just hanging out and chatting, not having patients to worry about or medications to chart, etc. But the funny thing is, all we wanted to talk about was.... work! haha I constantly get the eye-roll from the hubs when I go all into "nursing talk mode" with my friends that are nurses or my family (mom and my brother's wife are both nurses). So I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that our dinner last night was dominated with nurse talk. Our unit is about to undergo a MASSIVE remodel, so that too, is causing a lot of excitement! 

Anyways, I did order off the skinnylicious menu at Cheesecake Factory and man was I pleased. I ordered the grilled salmon and it was SO GOOD. The portion was surprisingly normal, too. I was afraid that it was going to be teeny weeny, but it wasn't! I would have taken a pic to share with you all, but I felt like it might weird some people out, haha, so I didn't. Sorry! Lucky for you all, though, I searched online and very easily found pics of my meal that other people had posted. So, here it is! For some reason the vegetables and salmon in this pic look a little more, "greasy", than mine were. But nonetheless, this was the meal!


Source


This morning I had some hot oats: 1/2 cup of oats, 1/4 scoop vanilla protein powder, one packet of stevia, sprinkle of cinnamon and 1/4 tbsp of Justin's maple almond butter. Mmm..
Then we hit the gym where I got a nice three mile run in. It felt gooood.  We then hit up Earth Fare, the new food mart that opened up near me. We picked up a few items and some food for our lunch. I could wander around that place for hours! Good thing we had a basketball game to get home to watch, otherwise I would probably still be there! 




Lunch for me was the Mediterranean Sampler. This bad boy had A LOT of food in it. Although, I only ate about a third of it. I feel like I've had better Mediterranean samplers elsewhere. Oh well, can't win em all.




The hubs went for the made-to-order deli sandwich, which he really liked. It also came with some chips. We stocked up on some nuts to add to our almonds and walnuts. Earth Fare has so many great options of nuts and nut mixes. It was very hard to choose, but I ended up getting exactly what I came for. Pat on the back for me, thank you very much! And of course, a Justin's organic peanut butter cup found its way back to my home. Since I didn't eat all of my Mediterranean food, I munched on a few walnuts, cashews and brazil nuts and also had one of the peanut butter cups. Mmmm..




And the most awesome thing of all... a free chicken! Just for joining Earth Fare online (to rack up points and get exclusive coupons) we got a free fresh chicken. How crazy!





And our most exciting find of all... Hudepohl!! We were introduced to this AH-mazing beer while hanging with friends in Cincinnati one weekend this past summer. It is very good, and now the hubs and I are very happy! We had to get the Oktoberfest kind too, duh!







Not sure what all we will be getting into tonight. Either I'm hanging with the hubs or having a "girls" night. We shall see! 

Also, as promised, here is a sneak peak of my glasses! I threw them on before I went to dinner last night just to snap some pics for the little 'ol blog. I haven't worn them out in public yet. I am just so nervous! Not sure why! I wear them all the time when I'm at home. Maybe I'll get brave here soon.







Have a great Saturday!



xoxo MaryBeth





+Hudepohl 14K Brewery Run 
+Organic Farmers & Growers 
+Apple iPhone and iPad Apps, News and Updates 
+Trader Joe's Recipes 
+WorldMarket 
+Forever 21 




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips