Wednesday, November 28, 2012

TURKEY DAY DELIGHT

Hey Hey! I hope every one's Thanksgiving was fabulous! I ate my heart out and had a relaxing time with the fam. Can't ask for more than that! Celebrated the holiday, did some shopping, hung out with friends and even squeezed in a Stella&Dot party. Not too shabby, eh?! But the first thing that happened to kick off my holiday was this:




Hofbrauhaus is one of the most fabulous places. ever. Good food, great beer and great company! The location in Newport, KY (aka Cincinnati, OH) is the first authentic location in America and it rocks! Due to the hubs' German roots, we have many reasons to indulge ourselves. And, who am I to deny him the treasures of his ancestors :)  ha! So, when I stumbled across these at our local Liquor Barn, you can only imagine my excitement. Dunkel (the one in the middle) is my fav! If you follow me on facebook then you may remember some pics I posted of the hubs and I at Hofbrauhaus before we went to a Cincinnati Reds vs St. Louis Cardinals baseball game. Just call me the best wife ever for setting that one up for the hubs and I.

Ok, back to Thanksgiving. We spent the holiday with my family, so some traveling was involved. Here's some fashion snaps of the week/weekend.




My travel look was comfy and full of spunk! Sometimes mixing patterns can be dangerous, but what the heck, this is fashion, so go for it! I thought it was fun and I stayed in the same family of colors to make the transition from stripes to animal print as simple as possible. Layered a couple of necklaces that I have owned forever, some flat simple boots and boom. done.






On Thanksgiving I knew that comfy, stretchy and flowy was going to be the way to go. I mean, who are you kidding? When it comes to this holiday I refuse to wear anything that restricts the midsection!! I got these fab stretchy leggings from Kohl's by Apt9 and I LOVE THEM! And, they were like $9. Ridiculous.




I fancied it up a little bit by keeping on my layered necklaces and also adding the Rebel Pendant by Stella&Dot. And, to accent my beautiful rose gold Michael Kors watch, I added the rose gold Sparkly Bardot Spiral Bangle by Stella&Dot. Love!




The hubs and my sweet nephew :)


Ok, back to beer. Ha! I came across these right before we left Kentucky and had to bring some for the fam to try Thanksgiving night. One of these three is going to be voted as the new beer for Anheuser Busch, so we decided to have a little test tasting of our own! One of the three finalists was actually created by the St. Louis Brewmaster, but sadly, his was not my favorite.




Let the test tasting begin!


The day after Thanksgiving we did some festive shopping in this cute "Winter Wonderland" type place. We don't get all in to the "Black Friday" stuff, and this is way more low key and enjoyable for us. Here's my look. Again, stretchy, loose and comfy. haha..




And lastly, I got some more Stella&Dot to add to my personal collection. So exciting!! I just love this stuff!! Check it out!


Soar Necklace
Stella&Dot $59

Bello Bangle
Stella&Dot $89





Ginger Layering Necklace
Stella&Dot $89




Have a great day!!


Some holiday decor pics to come!!


xoxo MaryBeth




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips