Tuesday, October 16, 2012

CRAIG'S LIST LOVE

Hey Ladies! No fashion post today. I worked all day yesterday, all day today and work all day tomorrow. Unless you want pics of scrubs, shoe covers and the occasional scrub hat that is! ha!  And, there is definitely no statement jewelry going on at work either! Sometimes some cute earrings, but that's about it. Heck, I am not even allowed to wear nail posh!! Craziness, right!?! (jk jk patient safety is ALWAYS first, and chipped nail polish in an Operating Room poses a threat) 

But, I am so excited to share with you the buffet/sideboard that I found for my dining room on Craig's List (love that site) and the awesome mirror that I got a steal on at Home Goods. It blows my mind how many nice items there are on Craig's List that are so affordable! Of course, it does take some picking through to find them, and I have always taken precautionary measures when viewing something in person, i.e. TAKE SOMEONE WITH YOU! It doesn't even have to be a bodyguard type person (I've gone with my sister-in-law), just someone. And I never bring money with me. Reason numero uno is because I don't want to pull out cash or write a check for something I may not even like (those darn ATM fees, and I want to save some trees with the checks) and numero dose is because I don't want to get mugged. I may sound a little pessimistic here, but hey, safety comes first.

Anyways, here is my beautiful buffet/sideboard and my massive and amazing mirror!



Home Goods $79


I'll post another pic once the mirror is hung :) And it goes so well with my china cabinet, also a great find on Craig's List.





I was so excited about our buffet/sideboard because I have been searching so long for that, "perfect one". And what I have found is that patience is key. For example, I searched for months trying to find a china cabinet I could love forever and also not pay a fortune for, because lets be honest, I may want to change things up in the future and it is much easier to do if you don't have the guilt of a hefty price tag. With that being said, I really don't think, at this time, that I am going to want to change anything, anytime soon. So I searched many antique stores here in the area and almost settled on something that was, eh. Holy cow am I glad I was patient because the, "eh" piece was more expensive and not NEARLY as nice as what I ended up with. Same goes for my buffet/sideboard. Patience is key. And they don't say it's a virtue for no reason. Frustration tried to wiggle its way in quite a few times.

So once we moved the buffet/sideboard in to the house I immediately dusted it off and started loading it up with all our bar ware. So exciting! (for real). We were able to rearrange a few things in the kitchen because of the newly found cabinet space and now I feel like I have a brand new kitchen as well! Sometimes all it takes is a little shuffle of things to make a space feel like new. Speaking of which, I am trying to convince the hubs that our "TV room" needs some rearranging. I feel my Feng Shui is off in there or something. He is not for it. I'll let you know how that one pans out.

Another exciting thing that happened was that yesterday while I was at work we had someone install the wallpaper in our half bath. It was like Christmas to come home from work last night and see it! We probably could have wallpapered it ourselves, but lets be honest, some things are worth paying someone else to do. I think the hubs and I would have gotten frustrated with it, ruined some of the paper, and then ended up hiring someone anyways! Wallpaper is no joke. (we probably could have handled it, but oh well) Once we have the mirror rehung and the new vanity and shelves installed, I will be posting some pics. I am in love with it. Yes, a bathroom. Any home renovator knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Can't wait to share the half bath pics and I hope you all have a great day!

And for all my Cardinals fans, it's alllll good! Can't win 'em all. Can't wait for our guys to come home on Thursday and show those Giants what bad ass fans we are!!


xoxo MaryBeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips