Sunday, October 7, 2012

DIY WEDDING STYLE

Before I get to my wedding DIY, I want to recap the weekend. What an exciting one for St. Louis Cardinals fans (me)!!! They clinched a spot in the playoffs on Friday against the Braves and are playing as I type in the first game of their series against the Nationals! Woo Hoo! Here is my team swag from Friday night and a little swag for our home office thanks to the hubby.

Victoria's Secret $36.50
on clearance right now! $10.99
St. Louis Cardinals Long Sleeve Drapey Tee

Cardinal's Phat Head $89
Comes with three other smaller stickers


After work on Saturday, we met up with one of my best friends from college at her house for a cookout. The spread was amazing and we definitely pigged out. Another thing that was amazing were Amanda's shoes! I. die. As soon as we walked in I immediately needed to know, a) where she got them, and b) if I could take a pic of them for the blog. She obliged. These are so damn cute that I don't think I'm even going to attempt to find you a pair of cuter ones for less. (I know Target makes boat shoes)

Sperry Top Sider Angelfish Boat Shoe $85

Fab Glitter Accents

Super Comfy Looking

Now on to my wedding DIY! Amidst all the wedding planning and costs, I failed to think about the aftermath of my bouquet. I knew that it would be totally awesome to have it preserved but was greatly discouraged when I found out that it was going to cost me around $300 for just a basic package. Apparently, preserving your bouquet is no joke! It is less money to preserve your wedding gown! (which I have failed to do yet...I know, I know..) So my mom suggested I hang it from the close line in my parent's basement while we were on our honeymoon, and then maybe do something with the dried petals. Like a smart girl, I listened to my Mom and boy am I glad I did! Once we got back from our honeymoon, the bouquet had dried up and was still intact. This is when I decided that I was going to make my OWN bouquet box because I still really wanted one.


Michael's
Shadow Box 

Since the bouquet was still pretty thick even after it had dried out, I removed some roses from the back of it so that it could fit in the shadow box. The shadow box and the pearl accented scrap booking paper that you see in the background are both from Michael's. Michael's has any and everything you can imagine at insanely awesome prices. Plus, they usually have pretty decent coupons every Sunday in the paper, ie 25-50% off. I inserted a cork (cut in half to fit), from the bottle of champagne we had at the salon for our mimosas, with our wedding date written on it, an invitation and the non-toss garter. I love it and the overall cost was maybe $15. So there you have it! Super easy, super chic, and super worth it!

By the time I finished writing this, the Cardinals lost the game.... boo. On to the next one!

Have a great Sunday!

xoxo MaryBeth



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips