Monday, October 28, 2013

LATELY

The other weekend the hubs and I had an awesome time in St. Louis traveling around the city in a school bus and hitting up some of the local breweries. AH-mazing! My sister, Holly, was the brains behind this little adventure and it was a great idea!

The bus arriving!!




Photo bombed beer flight! 





The boys on the way back home. Too cute!




Studying for ACLS re-certification was NOT nearly as fun as the brewery tour. Ugh, such is life! 

I had my mock code/check off today and I passed, aka I am re-certified to save your life. Your welcome. Ha!




What better to do when you are sick of studying? Take a selfie, duh?!





Gorg bracelet the hubs got me from Stella & Dot. Sneaky, that one! He ordered it through me (since I am a Stylist for them) and then deleted the order email off my computer before I saw it. Good man :)  Also surprised me with the Linda Studs. Love!




We had chili, corn bread and some sweets Friday night with the hubs' side of the family and then carved our pumpkins. It was a great night!

Prepping for my Mom's amazing white bean chicken chili. Mmm..! 




White Bean Chicken Chili:

-3 lb Chicken Breasts
-2 boxes Chicken Broth
-1 Onion
-3 tbsp Butter
-2 large jars of Great Northern Beans
-1 can mild Rotel
-2 tsp Chili Powder
-2 tsp Salt
-1 tsp Pepper

Boil thawed chicken breasts in chicken broth. Once fully cooked, shred the chicken. Set aside 2 cups of the left over chicken broth. Sauté the thinly sliced onion in the butter until transparent. Combined the chicken, 2 cups left over broth, beans, rotel, chili powder, salt and pepper and heat thoroughly, then simmer for about 45 minutes. Voila!! 

Best eaten with a  dollop of sour cream on top! 





And I also made some traditional chili. SO good!








And no pumpkin carving party would be complete without a pumpkin beer!







All the pumpkins!




Our nephews wanted to spend the night and the hubs promised them pancakes in the morning. These we SO GOOD! I actually went back to the grocery and bought two more boxes before they are all gone! 







My handsome boys!





Some eats from yesterday morning. 1/2 C dry oats, 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 packet Stevia, lots of cinnamon, sliced up apple and some water. Zap it in the microwave for 35 sec increments, stirring in between, until desired hotness/texture. Good stuff!





And lastly, some budget beauty! All E.L.F. and Cover Girl products! Fab!




Watching last night's episode of Walking Dead is on the agenda for this early evening followed by the Cardinal's game! Let's get a win tonight boys!!!!! 

GO CARDS!!!


xoxo MaryBeth







No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips