Monday, August 19, 2013

CHI-TOWN MINI VACAY

Before I get to our Chicago trip, here are some eats from earlier in the week! The hubs snagged some food from Earth Fare for dinner. I LOVE Earth Fare! Soo good!





Greek yogurt, cinnamon and a diced up orange. Mmmm





Banana Nut Odwalla bar paired with a handful of organic dark chocolate chips!! Win!





For my travel style, I wanted to be comfy and cute! Cotton V-neck tee from Victoria's Secret clearance rack, black leggings by Apt 9 for Kohl's and Target flats. Love!







One thing I knew I HAD to do in Chicago was to eat Dinner at RPM Italian, Giuliana and Bill Rancic's restaurant. We went on Friday and the food was delish and the service was excellent! I didn't snag any pics while we were there because I didn't feel it was appropriate. 

And guess what happened while we were enjoying our meal?!? Bill AND baby Duke walked in!!! Bill walked right behind me and to a side bar to speak with some of the employees. I.almost.died. Could NOT believe my eyes! He looks the exact same in person as on T.V. Such a cool experience! If only Giuliana was with him!






My look for the evening: Forever 21 dress..





Stella & Dot jewels, Mossimo for Target heels..





and Stella & Dot necklace. Love! Sorry girls, but this one is retired... boo!




My boo :)




After dinner (and before our boat cruise) we went to a near by bar and got some drinks! 





Wine for me and an Old Fashioned for the hubs. Yum!





The architectural boat cruise we went on was beyond amazing! I am so glad we chose to do it! The buildings, especially at night, are spectacular!





The cruise is by the architecture society of Chicago. I did some research and found that there are many impostors and so we found the official one. The boat came equipped with a full bar, score, so we enjoyed some cocktails with our tour too!




AH-mazing..





Not a bad view from the hotel room!








Before the Cubs/Cards game on Saturday we went to the one and only, Ed Debevic's! Our waiter was, as expected, hilariously rude. Love it! The food was fab too!










My game day look: Victoria's Secret Cardinal's top, Charlotte Russe jeans and Stella & Dot jewels. The Cardinal's beat the Cubs, just so ya know ;)






:)





Wrigley!





Our seats were pretty sweet!





Molina stretching it out. My fav Cardinal!!










Before we left on Sunday to come home we wanted to do some more exploring on Michigan Ave (Magnificent Mile/Mag Mile). I wore my Apt 9 for Kohl's leggings and Target flats again, paired with a denim button down from Target and TJ Maxx cross body bag. Love




First things first: Breakfast food! It was so nice to enjoy the early afternoon eating on the sidewalk in downtown Chicago! Loved it!








And of course this happened! Forever 21!! The hubs very patiently walked through the store with me so I could check it out! Love!








Our very last stop before we left was Garrett's Popcorn. This place was right around the corner from our hotel and EVERY DAY it had a line going down the sidewalk. Apparently it is a big deal! It has been around for a very long time and we had to get some. Let me just say, YUM! We went with the, "Chicago Mix", and it was delish!





No good vacation ends without being cemented on the travel map! Chicago: check! We are already talking about the things we want to do next time we go back! Such a neat city!






xoxo MaryBeth



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips