Wednesday, October 10, 2012

BOLD LIPS AND CHANDELIER LOVE

Hey Ladies! Today was fabulous! I got together with two of my friends today for a Boudoir session. I did hair and makeup, one of us photographed, and the other was wanting pics for her fiance. It was so much fun and I have realized even more my passion for all things fashion. I will be posting my outfit of the day and a sneak Boudoir preview pic later, with permission of course, and also fill  you in on my own Boudoir session I did for my hubby when we were engaged :)

Now on to the rest of this post. As promised, I am doing a, "makeup reveal" and a home decor find. We went to a good friend's wedding the other weekend and I decided to rock some RED lips. I know the colorful lipsticks can be a bit intimidating, but let me tell you, it was so much fun to be so bold! Here's a pic.


For this look I used mostly Cover Girl products, which is my go to brand. I started with the Cover Girl & Olay Simply Ageless serum primer. Then I topped that with a foundation from the CG Clean line: Sensitive Skin in creamy beige. I did some contouring with E.L.F. Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder and blended with CG Professional Loose Powder in translucent honey. My blush is CG in iced plum and my eyeliner is CG in black onyx. To fill in my eyebrows I used an eyebrow pencil by E.L.F. I love and have always used CG mascara. I like the kind that comes in the classic blue tube, black, curved brush. And lastly, those lips! I chose (you guessed it) CG #30 Hot and the lip pencil #215 Passion. This stuff is hard core and not for the faint of heart. The only drawback to bold lip color is that it is not the easiest thing to take off! The eye shadows are from a line by the makeup artist who did my own boudoir photo session, and I'll give you those deets in my Boudoir post.

Now on to home decor. Chandeliers. Need I say anymore? I love them. I knew that I had to have one in my bedroom and only every once in a while does the hubs complain that we don't have a ceiling fan (I think he loves the chandelier too and has to remind himself to complain just so I don't catch on that he likes it! haha). I searched many stores and many websites for the perfect one. Luckily, the one I truly loved for our room also happened to be inexpensive (never happens) and was at, no joke, Lowe's!



 This lovely find did all the work for me. If this had gone down the way most things go down, I would have found, "the one", and it would have been a. lot. of. mulah. Then I would have to hunt down its perfect, yet more sensibly priced, match. Not in this case. I loved this one when I saw it and I said, YES, when I read the price tag! This beauty rang in at the cool price of $109. Now, I am usually a Home Depot kind of girl, so the stars must have aligned on this one.

We also have some chandelier love going on in our dining room, another room I knew I had to have one. This one came from my good and trusty, Home Depot, and was also very reasonably priced. Like my holiday decor goin on in this pic? ha!


Hope everyone has a nice night! Oh, and how about those Cardinals, eh?! A score of 8-0 in playoffs isn't so bad! GO CARDINALS!!!


xoxo MaryBeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips