Thursday, April 11, 2013

I'M GONNA POP SOME TAGS...

... Only got twenty dollars in my pocket.... LOVE that song! Right up my alley :)

Anyways, happy Wednesday! It's been raining on and off all day, so I took the opportunity to get some major house cleaning done. Ugh. But it needed it, badly. After getting some additions for our t.v. room I was a little more excited to clean everything, so at least that provided me with some motivation! We really needed more lighting and more seating in that room so I added some end tables, lamps, ottomans and a few new decorations. With our Derby party coming up I knew that it was a necessity to get more seating, STAT. Normally we would just pull dining room chairs in there if a couple more seats were needed, but I just don't want to have to do that anymore. Alas, I had to go shopping... ;) After a lot of online research (and coming across a lot of cute, super expensive things) I decided to do things the way I always do things... scour Home GoodS, TJ Maxx and Target. ha!

The table runner, glass dish and decorative balls all came from Home Goods. LOVE that store...  I actually got two of this dish so I could put one on the coffee table in the t.v. room. The balls came in a big bag with an assortment that I could choose from. They are too cute!





This super cute ottoman also came from Home Goods. It goes perfectly with our color scheme and is the perfect foot rest (and will also double as a seat) for our blue accent chair because the chair has a brown damask pattern on the back and also trimmed with nail heads. Mixing and matching is the best!





I snagged two of this ottoman from Target. Awesome for seating and also opens for storage. Score!







I also got the lamps, lamp shades and side tables at Target. Love that store, too! All the lighting was 20% off so I was pretty stoked about that. Placed the ottomans and side tables side by side. Love. I also snagged some super cute, dark brown wicker baskets to go under the side tables. One is holding our magazines and the other is holding an extra pillow we had. It definitely feels more homey in here just by adding more stuff. It just felt so empty before. Much cozier now! I also got a couple more of the wicker baskets in a smaller size to house our DVDs. Love.





The lamp shades have a very subtle yellowish-brownish threading through them that tie in our wall color so well, without being too overwhelming. The day I got all this was one of those days where everything just came together. I was rocking some major shopping good karma for sure!





Dinner the other night and breakfast this morning...mmm


Quinoa, grilled burger and salad.





Overnight oats: 1/2c oats, 1/2c almond milk, cinnamon, 1 packet Stevie, frozen fruit medley, raisins and some peanut butter. Prepared the night before, left in the refrigerator. Yum!





So, something very exciting happened today... I think I found my Oaks Day dress! I found it online at Forever 21. I am hoping it flares out a little more than it appears on the model. Worse come to worse I can return it. My Derby Day dress fit really well that I ordered from Charlotte Russe, so hopefully I will have the same luck!



Forever 21 $19.80
Fit & Flare Floral Lace Dress


I also decided to try out these pajama sets. They are wwaayy more affordable than my Victoria's Secret ones (I have the long sleeve/pant style sets from there) so I figured I would finally take the plunge and give them a shot. I am sure they will be just fine. Can't wait for them to get here! There were definitely more that I liked, but I'm a baller on a budget here! haha 



Forever 21 $18.80
Satin Heart Print Pj Set


Forever 21 $18.80
Satin Leopard Print Pj Set


You can see the comparison to Victoria's Secret. I will give it to VS, though, because this set does come in several different patterns/colors, and there is something to be said about supplying variety. But, I bet Forever 21 will slowly release more as well, too. Quite the price difference, huh?!



Victoria's Secret $55
Satin Boxer Pajama Set


Tomorrow is Friday, yay!!!! 


Have a great night!


xoxo MaryBeth



+Victorias Secret 
+Forever 21 
+Charlotte Russe 
+Target Coupons 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips